A family favourite adrenalin-fuelled activity in Costa Rica is the zipline canopy tour. You have probably seen the photos of smiling people wearing very attractive hard hats and safety apparatus.
There are several throughout the country and two on the Nicoya Peninsula. One near Montezuma, taking you by the famous waterfall and the other in Mal Pais showcasing the incredible coastline. The adventure itself takes between 1 and 2 hours, started with a safety lesson and test zip line (on the ground). You are then taken up to the beginning of around eight different ziplines. Here are a couple of things to remember if you are thinking of doing it:
1) The first one is scary and the rest are exciting.
2) Don’t wear flipflops
3) Ladies – don’t wear skirts!
4) Go as early in the morning as possible, for the clearest & coolest weather.
5) Children over five can do it too.
6) Don’t forget your camera or video camera as the guides take brilliant photos / films of you traveling down the wire.